SMS-Magic App on Outlook
The idea behind sending SMS messages from Outlook is to make it easier for businesses to access their contacts from their mobile phones and email, all in one single place. With a single Add-in, you can now send SMS messages from your outlook account.
To get this Add-in working, you need to first enable the Microsoft account and then add the Outlook account.
Now you can configure the SMS-Magic App on Outlook and enjoy the power of messaging.
Steps to Configure SMS-Magic App on Outlook
Follow the below steps to configure the SMS-Magic app on Outlook and experience the power of messaging:
- Login to Salesforce using your valid credentials
- Click on the ‘Setup’ link on the top, as shown in the image below:
- Search for ‘Outlook’ in the search field in the left-hand side, as shown below:
- Click on the ‘Settings’ link as shown in the screenshot below:
- Under the ‘Outlook Integration’ section, click on the toggle button to enable Outlook Integration
- Once it is enabled, you will get a dropdown with options such as ‘Email to Salesforce’, ‘Use enhanced Email’, etc. Click on the ‘Customize Content with App Builder’ toggle button to continue:
- Under the Customize Content with App Builder section, click on the ‘Create New Pane’ button:
- Click on the ‘Save’ button on the top right without making any modifications to the pane:
- Click on the ‘Activate’ button to proceed:
- Click on the ‘Next’ button to proceed further:
- Click on the ‘Activate’ button to activate the default email application pane:
- Click on the ‘Back’ button on the top right of the page:
- As we want our conversations to be enabled for our contacts, click on the ‘Contacts’ tab on the top:
- The following contacts will be displayed:
- Click on any of the contacts, for instance, click on ‘one test’ as shown above. Now add the conversation tab to it. For this, you have to edit the layout. Click on ‘Edit Layout’ as highlighted in the image:
- After clicking on the ‘Edit Layout’ option, the following page appears:
- Click on the ‘Visualforce page’ option to continue. Check for conversation contacts:
- You can set up the visualforce page properties. Click on the button, the page set up window will appear:
- The pixels should be minimum 500 so that it will be visible on your outlook pane. Then click on the ‘Save’ button to save the layout:
- Once the layout is saved, click on the ‘Setup’ menu on the top and search for Outlook in the search field:
- Go to your Outlook and click on the ‘Get Add-Ins’ button to the top right-hand corner:
- In the Add-Ins for Outlook window, as shown in the following image, search for ‘Salesforce’ in the search field:
- Click on the ‘Salesforce’ icon, the following window will appear:
- Click on the ‘Add’ button to add the add-in
- The ‘View’ button will appear on the top right-hand corner of the Outlook page. To proceed, click on the view button, where you can see the user name:
- Under the user name, click on the ‘Log Out’ option as shown below:
- The next step is to log in to production. Click on the ‘Login to Salesforce’ button and login to production by using the same org, i.e. email@example.com and the valid password.
- Please note that we need to enter your credentials here.
- Click on the ‘Confirm’ button to proceed:
- Close the ‘Get Started’ window by clicking on the cross button:
- Search for any of the contact records, lets say ‘test one’.
- Under the ‘Address Information’ section, you can see our conversation template that we had added.
- Now you can send and receive messages from here. Simply, type your message and click on the ‘Send’ button.
This is how you can configure the SMS-Magic App on Outlook and send and receive messages.
Once you configure the SMS-Magic App on Outlook, businesses can easily send and receive emails and SMS messages from the same place and manage the contacts. Integrate the SMS-Magic App with Outlook and send messages to multiple recipients or individuals who would receive them on their phone.