- 1. Is setting up an org-wide email address mandatory?
No. Setting up an org-wide email address is only required when you want to show a specific email address as an alias email address while sending out the email notifications.
- 2. Do we trigger email notifications only for SMS or across supported channels?
Yes. Email to text functionality is supported across channels such as SMS, WhatsApp, and Facebook etc.
- 3. Do we trigger email notifications only for incoming text messages or all types of messages?
We do trigger email notifications across all channels for all messages. In the SMS-Magic default template, in case of incoming text messages, we show the message text as received from the recipient but in case of incoming MMS file, we do not show the MMS file in the email notification sent. We have one parameter in the default email template as ‘Message Type’ which will populate the value as SMS/MMS depending upon the type of incoming message received.
- 4. Can we send a file as an attachment in response to the email notification received?
No. You will be only able to send ‘Text’ as a reply to the email notification received.
- 5. Do we auto-populate ‘subject’ in case of notification sent using a custom template?
No. We do not auto-populate the entire subject line but we add a prefix of SMS-history record ID and append ‘From $name/$number via $channel_name’ to the subject line user will add while creating a custom template.
- 6. How email to text functionality will behave when Sender ID is assigned to either multiple people/group of people?
The functionality will work the same way as it works for a single user. Notifications will be sent out to multiple people as per Sender ID assignment and responses from all users will be sent back to recipients as separate messages.
- 7. What will happen if a user has an email signature configured with image/different URLs while sending a text in response to received email notification?
URLs, Links will be sent as a part of text content, and if any images are configured as a part of the signature, they will get ignored by logic while the user’s response to email notification is received in Salesforce.
- 8. Is there any character limit applicable while responding to email notification?
Yes. Current limit of maximum 700 characters would be applicable and respective credits would be deducted.