Pardot is a marketing automation software from Salesforce that provides email automation and lead management along with lead nurturing and scoring. In addition to these, it also helps users perform a host of other common marketing activities such as creating digital marketing campaigns, social marketing, landing page marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and so on.
Pardot Integration with SMS-Magic
The Pardot platform can be integrated with SMS-Magic. You can create a converse app task and configure it within a Pardot form to receive automated messages against a customer interaction.
Step 1: Create a Converse App Task
As the first step of the integration process, you need to create a Converse App Task. This will be configured with Pardot for sending messages.
- Log in to SMS-Magic Converse
- On the top menu bar, click Converse App. The Converse App page appears.
- Click Create New App. The Create New App pop-up window appears.
- In the App Name field, enter the name of the Converse App
- In the App Description field, enter a short description of the Converse App
- In the Object field, select the object which you are using in Pardot
- Click Create
Step 2: Create a Template
Once you create the Converse App you will need to create the template. This will be used while sending messages from Pardot:
- On the App detail page, click Add Templates. The Templates pop-up window appears.
- Under Template Text, enter the text for your SMS template
- Click Save. The Template is created.
Step 3. Create Message Flow
Once the template is created you need to associate it to a message flow. Marketo uses this message flow to send messages.
- On the App detail page, click next to Set Up in the top right corner and select Automation from the drop-down. The Setup Automation Campaign pop-up window appears.
- Click the number of messages you want to add to the flow.
- Click Create. The Add New message flow page appears; select Pardot.
- Under Template, select the template that you have created in the previous step.
- Under Message Flow Trigger, select Pardot.
- Click Save. The app detail page appears with the action key generated.
- On the App Detail page, change the message flow status to Active.
Step 4: Configure Converse App Action Key ID in Pardot
In Pardot you need to configure the action key ID within a specific action for marketing in Engagement Studio. Accordingly, you will also need to create a salesforce task.
Once your Engagement Studio marketing journey is configured you have to Add the Salesforce Task option to Send Automated SMS to the Leads/Contacts.
- Add new Salesforce task action. The Task creation fields appear as below –
- Type a Subject for the task as an SMS notification.
- Under the Comments section, paste the action key ID you copied from the previous step.
- Click Confirm and Save. The completed form page appears.
Whenever the defined criteria are met, for example, the customer sends a request, you will receive an automated email and text message.
Also, make sure you assign the Permission set of SMS-Magic to the user who is creating the Salesforce task.