Create a New Template
1. Log in to the SMS-Magic Converse application
2. Click on the Converse Templates tab. The Converse Templates page appears:
3. Click on the ‘Create New Template’ button. The New Template pop-up window appears. You can enter the basic information.
4. Enter the template text and according to your use case, tag it to single/multiple/all channels. Get in touch with our support team email@example.com for procuring channel-specific Sender IDs before using templates on channels other than SMS.
5. Once you tag a template to the WhatsApp channel, you will be asked to fill the channel-specific information along with the basic template information. Channel specific information will be only required while adding WhatsApp approved registered templates.
You can add non-registered templates as well just by tagging them with WhatsApp channel where channel-specific information won’t be required and these can be only used for sending WhatsApp session messages i.e. in the recipients 24 hr active window.
6. Once you tag a template to the Facebook Messenger channel, you will be asked to fill the channel-specific information along with the basic template information. Channel specific information will be only required while mapping template with a use-case specific Message Tag.
You can add templates without mapping them with Message Tag as well, just by tagging them with the Facebook Messenger channel where channel-specific information won’t be required and these can be only used for sending Facebook session messages i.e. in the recipients 24 hr active window.
7. You will see an option to tag templates with a content type when you have set up a new compliance configuration for your org with ‘Content-type’ as a parameter. It displays the different content types configured and it is an optional field.
8. Enter relevant details as following:
|Template Name||Type an identifier for a Template|
|Primary Object||In the drop-down list, select the primary object that you want to associate with the template. Create the object in Message Object Configuration (MOC) prior to associating it with the template. Contact your system admin for creating objects.|
|Description||Type a small summary to describe the template|
|Template Text||Type the default template text. Select the fields that you want to use as merge fields within the template text.|
|Use for Channels||Select and use templates for sending messages on single or multiple channels. Get in touch with our support team firstname.lastname@example.org for procuring channel-specific Sender IDs before using templates on channels other than SMS.|
|Select Content-Type||In the drop-down list, select the content type you want to tag to the template. If you are using the old compliance feature you need not select values in this field.|
|Is it a registered WhatsApp template?||Select this checkbox while adding Registered WhatsApp Template. This use case-specific approved template can be sent to recipients over WhatsApp outside of the 24 hrs window when you have consent.|
|WhatsApp Template Name||This name should match with the registered template name|
|Locale||Select a locale value in which your template is registered with WhatsApp|
|Map this template with Facebook Message Tag?||Select this checkbox when you want to map the template with Facebook Message Tag. This use-case specific template can be sent to recipients over Facebook outside of the 24 hrs window when you have consent.|
|Select Message Tag||Select a message tag for the template having a valid use case. The use of tags for invalid use case content may result in restrictions on your page’s ability to send messages.|
9. Click on the ‘Create’ button. The new template will be created. These templates will be available for selection based on the Sender ID selection at all messaging interfaces, i.e. if you select Sender ID which is tagged to SMS channel, you will only see templates that are tagged with SMS channel.