Here is the step by step video on how to send a message on updation of lead on marketo
We have scenarios where lead fields are updated manually or automatically, which changes the lead record. In such cases, we trigger an SMS to inform the customers or prospects about their recent status updates.
Let us consider that our lead was booked as an inbound lead on a website demo page where he booked a demo with us. The lead, after an interaction with the sales team, has now moved forward in the lead pipeline and the lead status is now going to change and needs to be communicated to the customer. Once we update the lead status manually, an SMS will be triggered.
Here is how the lead updation message can be triggered:
- First set up the template on the Converse App
- On the Converse App, add another template to share the credentials with the lead once it is converted
- Define an automation flow for this. This is the automation type that supports the process builder and so it will trigger the template once we have the changed status of the lead.
- Check if the status is changed in Marketo. So Marketo will Trigger an event for sending a templatized SMS with a Sender ID
- Once you define this automation in Converse App, copy this action key and go back to the Marketo Instance, and create one more smart campaign
- Create an Onboarding Flow smart campaign and define who is going to be a part of this smart campaign
- A task gets created in Salesforce with an SMS notification subject and our key value. This is a trigger-based campaign, so once you paste the action key, you have to activate it.
- Change the status of the lead. The moment we change the status to sandbox installation and save it, it will trigger an SMS with the template that we have defined.
This is the basic lead updation flow.