Creating a Message Template can help in multiple ways –
- A default set of information that will serve the purpose
- Pre-approved information which will not require multiple edits
SMS-Magic allows you to create SMS, MMS, and WhatsApp templates that can be used while sending Bulk, Single or Automated messages.
You can view the defined Message Templates under Campaign > Message Templates or SMS Reports > Message Templates dropdown from the main menu.
On the Message Template List view page, you can view the list of message templates with this information such as the template name, template text, type of template, channel, label, and the date when the templates were last modified.
Users can enter the Template Name, Template Text, and Channel, in the ‘Search’ field and search for any message template.
Here, users can apply filters by template type, channel, template label, and created by, and view respective templates.
Template Type Filter:
For ‘Template Type’ the user can filter by Automation, Campaign, or Conversation
For ‘Channel Type’, the user can apply SMS or WhatsApp filters
Template Label Filter:
For the ‘Template Label’, the user can apply filters based on the labels which have been created for eg: Conference, Job search, Marketing, Retention, and Welcome.
Created By Filter:
In ‘Created By’ the user can either filter by choosing the template created by self or others
- Click on the ‘Clear Filter’ to clear all applied filters.
- Click on the icon the following options will appear:
- Click on ‘Details’ the following page will appear:
Here, the user can see ‘Basic Information’, ‘Used for Channels’, ‘Compose Message’, ‘Modified Information’.
- Click on ‘Edit’ the following page will appear:
Here, the details can be edited by making changes to the following fields which are ‘Basic Information’, ‘Used for Channels’, ‘Channel Specific’ Info, and ‘Compose Message’.
- Click on ‘Delete’ to delete a particular message template.
Create New Template:
- Click on the ‘Create New Template button to create a new message template by entering the required information.
- Basic Information: Here, you need to define Template Name, Label( Optional), The user can use existing labels, create new labels by simply typing the name of the label you want to use, and select one of the Templates Types. Below is the explanation for each template:
- Automation: All the templates under automation will be accessible specifically while generating the JSON for automation.
- Campaigns: All the templates under campaigns will be accessible across all the features for messaging.
- Conversation: All templates under conversation will be accessible only at the converse desk.
- Used for Channels: For which channel type it is used. A template can be created at a time for a single channel.
- If you select ‘SMS’ you will see the information popping up under ‘Channel Specific Info’ with the details.
Below is an image attached as to how the changes will appear when you Select ‘SMS’
If you select ‘Whatsapp’ you will see the information popping up under ‘Channel Specific Info’ with the details you need to insert.
- Enter the ‘Whatsapp Template Name’ in the WhatsApp Template name field
- Enter ‘Whatsapp Template Namespace’ in the WhatsApp template namespace field
- Click on ‘Locale’ the following list will appear:
- Choose the appropriate country from the above list
- Click on the more information icon to view more details
Compose Message: Here, you need to define the template text along with the merge field, attachments, and Emoticon.