The user gets the Invalid API Key error while registering SMS-Magic Converse on Salesforce.
- You are trying to register the application on a refreshed sandbox while the username is still registered on the portal with another Org ID (that existed before the org was refreshed).
- Portal team has 2 different API keys stored in the database for the account.
Follow the given procedure to resolve the Issue:
- Log in to the User’s org.
- On the Setup page and search for Custom Settings.
- On the Custom Settings page, click SMS-Magic URL Setting.
- Click Manage.
- Delete the record. This enables the registration steps to be re-activated.
- Consult the portal team to remove the user/or change the old Org ID in their database.
- Revert to Salesforce and try to complete the registration steps again.
- If the issue remains unresolved, reach out to the Dev team;
- Reach out to the portal team, to store the correct API key and try registering the application again.