The default duration defined for the “last sender” functionality (i.e. available for SMS Magic Interact ver. 1.48 and below) is 7 days. In other words, it checks the SMS History records for the past 7 days and if the phone number matches with the incoming SMS record, then, pulls in the SMS History owner.
We can increase the cut-off date from 7 to 30 using the following procedure to Index Fields:
- Under Salesforce Setup, click Custom Settings.
- Under Duration To View History For Incoming click Manage and then click New.
- Type a new name and extend the value for the field noOfDaysForCutOffDate to 30.
However, if the customer sends out a lot of text (more than 10,000), then, the query which we run to check the SMS history record will not work correctly.
In such cases, we need to raise a request with SF Support Team to get the field indexed along with the relevant Query.
- Ask the customer to provide subscribers access to Salesforce support.
- Get the org ID.
- Go to partners.salesforce.com to create a partner case.
- Log in using CS LMA login.
- Under the Support Section, create a New Case.
- Select the category as Salesforce Functionality.
- Create a Case.
- Add the severity level.
- Provide the following details:
- ORG ID
- Indicate if the access is provided
- The need for this functionality.
- What percentage (%) of your users are affected?
— Add the percentage (%) of users for the Account who are using the app.
- Does this affect data integrity?
— Yes. Incoming messages are not associated with Outgoing messages.
- Do you have a viable workaround?
- Does this affect critical application functionality?
— Yes. We wish to index phone and sender id field of our custom object. When the customer receives SMS, we will query this custom object and if the records are huge (more than 10,000) then the query will timeout and the incoming SMS will not get attached to outgoing SMS which will impact our business.
- What business functionality are you unable to perform?
— To Receive incoming SMS and notify the correct user