It shows the quality of the messages your customers received in the past 24 hours. Under the Quality Rating column, there are three different quality states:
- Green: High quality
- Yellow: Medium quality
- Red: Low quality
There are different statuses for phone numbers that refer to its connectivity:
- Pending: This is when a business first sets up a phone number that hasn’t yet been on-boarded and approved
- Connected: The phone number is online and functioning normally
- Offline: The phone number is currently not reachable by WhatsApp servers or is not otherwise online
Occasionally, a phone number may show one of two particular statuses that are related to quality and messaging limits: Flagged and Restricted.
- Flagged: This is a warned state. When the quality rating reaches a low (red) state, the phone number is moved to a Flagged status. If the quality rating improves to a high (green) or medium (yellow) state over 7 days, the phone number will return to a connected status. If the quality rating does not improve within 7 days, the number will still return to a connected status but with a lower messaging limit imposed on it.
- Restricted: Phone numbers that reach their messaging limit are moved to a restricted state. During a Restricted state, the number will be unable to send any notification messages until the 24-hour window for sending messages is reset. They can still respond to any messages initiated by users.
To maintain high quality, WhatsApp recommends the following:
- Make sure messages follow the WhatsApp Messaging guidelines
- Only send messages to users who have opted to receive messages from your business
- Make the messages highly personalized and useful to users. Avoid sending open-ended welcome messages or introductory messages.
- Be mindful of messaging frequency, avoid sending customers too many messages a day. Be thoughtful of informational messages, optimizing for content and length.