Customers already using messaging providers such as Twilio, Nexmo, RingCentral etc., can continue using your provider and use Native SMS-Magic Application on Salesforce, Zoho, and other CRMs together and give your businesses the best of both worlds. This separation of Application and the underlying messaging provider gives businesses all the features and benefits of the application you know, but use a trusted provider at the messaging layer too.
BYOP enables you to use a phone number provided by an external provider without losing the functional benefits of the SMS-Magic Application. With BYOP, the provider remains the same and you can retain your number and pricing benefits provided by your provider.
- You have an existing account with a provider such as Twilio, Nexmo, or any local provider or dialer, etc. for text messaging or for calling services.
- You continue your billing relationship with your existing Provider. You pay for SMS-Magic license fees only.
- Messages originated or received from SMS-Magic app are routed through your provider
- Your SMS Provider will be responsible for the delivery of messages (received or transmitted) to them. SMS-Magic will produce the sent reports to the provider and publish the delivery statuses returned by the provider.
- SMS-Magic will not be responsible for resolving message delivery related problems
Here is a visual representation of how your provider fits into our ecosystem.
Steps for BYOP:
- Signup with SMS-Magic Account
- Raise requests with the SMS-Magic support team by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Account ID
- If SMS-Magic has already integrated with your vendor, you will need to provide API Keys & required additional information applicable for your provider
- If SMS-Magic doesn’t have integration, you will need to manage communication with your vendor to provide required API documentation & credentials to the SMS-Magic Development team
- After receiving API Docs & Credentials, the SMS-Magic support team will communicate the estimated time of implementation in the SMS-Magic Platform
- After approval from the Customer, our team will complete the integration
- Customers need to work with the QA team of SMS-Magic to test the service
- Once the Integration is tested, customers can configure it with SMS-Magic Applications
Customer needs to take care of following things:
- Ensure that they have sufficient credits
- Interact with Vendors’ Customer issues for any delivery related issues
- Inform SMS-Magic team if you make any configuration changes like changes in API Key or any API credentials
- Inform the SMS-Magic Support Team if your vendor is making any changes in their technology
- Any changes in the integration may be chargeable.