Understanding Data Migration
Data Migration is the process of moving your older data ( belonging to version1.48 or earlier) to the newer version (1.49 or later).
It helps you build conversations out of the older data in your Converse Desk. It is not a mandatory step and Organizations that do not require their older data may not perform this activity.
User Profiles for Migration
All customers with SMS-Magic Interact 1.48 or less can migrate to SMS-Magic Converse 1.50 and later versions. Migration process can be handled only by users with Admin profiles.
- Only Admin users can migrate Data.
- No active process flows, workflow or trigger should be running to update the SMS history.
- All Validation rules for Incoming SMS and SMS History tables should be disabled.
Configure Global Settings
You need to enable the following permissions in the Global Settings Setup page:
- IsDataMigrationAccessible – This should be selected in order to run Migration scripts.
- Use Single message object – This should be selected to ensure that SMS history object records both incoming and outgoing messages.