November 2020 Release
This article covers the major upgrades on SMS-Magic Portal as a part of November 2020 Release.
The November 2020 Release is focused on the Converse Desk and Contacts Manager, which helps businesses establish a dialogue with their customers. That said, we also have added an exciting new channel to your communication options – WhatsApp!
Converse Desk provides an intuitive, easy-to-use Inbox style user interface; making it simple for you to start one-on-one messaging with little or no training. The Converse Desk features intelligence that guides users to effectively manage and respond to any number of messaging conversations.
Key Converse Desk Features Include:
- Multi-channel Support – Reach out to customers on the channel of their preference. Send text and media messages on both SMS and WhatsApp.
- User-Friendly Inbox – The new and improved Inbox provides an intuitive interface to access messages, track conversations and quickly respond to messages.
- Initiate Conversations with your saved Contacts – No more memorizing customer phone numbers! You can select a saved contact by name, and compose and send a message.
- New Chat Window for Interactive Conversations – Converse with your customers in a familiar way; using the new chat window that mimics texting on your phone.
- Team Inboxes – Admin can monitor their teams’ conversations.
- Assign Customer Conversations to Team Members – Admin users can easily assign conversations to any team member.
With the new Contacts Manager, you can manage conversations with your saved contacts via Converse Desk and group your contacts to send targeted messages via Campaigns.
Key Contacts Manager Features Include:
- Manage Customer Contacts – Save your customers’ contact details and refer them whenever you need.
- Upload Contacts in Bulk – Do you have a large list of customer details on Excel? You can upload all those contacts with a single upload.
- Customer Segmentation Using Contact Groups – Create Contact Groups and use those groups to segment your audience in bulk messaging.
Communication over WhatsApp
Introducing WhatsApp support; a new channel for you to reach out to your customers from the SMS-Magic Portal. Use the same familiar interface to message your customers in WhatsApp!
Establish Communication over WhatsApp:
- Record Your Customer Consents – Record your customer consents to reach out to them on WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp Conversations – With the same simplicity as SMS, you now can have one-to-one conversations with your customers on WhatsApp. Your customers can initiate conversations directly, or you can initiate conversations via a registered WhatsApp message template.
- Send Text or Media via WhatsApp – With WhatsApp, you can send text and media messages to your customers. You can personalize your messages with emoticons too.
Other Functional Enhancements
Configure Viewing Rights for Standard User
Admin users can now configure the visibility of a number of SMS-Magic features for Standard Users in their account. In this way, you can provide the required access to the Standard Users based on the specific needs of your organization.
Out of Office (OOO) Auto Reply
Now, you can set up an Out Of Office Auto Reply Message to let your customers know that you are unable to respond immediately and that you will reach out to them upon your return.
The Auto-Reply is triggered when you receive a message from your customers outside of the set Business Hours and your Customer’s country (Mobile Number’s Country code).
Download Consent Records
You can now download your customer consents (all records or a range of records) in a CSV file format using the Download Consent Records feature.
We have created a simplified user interface for managing your Message Templates. You can easily create message templates for SMS or WhatsApp channels to be used for Automations, Bulk Campaigns, or Conversations.
Sender ID Labels
You now can assign a Label to your Sender IDs to make it easier to identify the right number for each message.
User Roles & Privacy
SMS-Magic has introduced two user roles – Admin and Standard User.
An Admin User has access to all the features, settings, and data in the application.
A Standard User does not have access to Settings and has limited access to the features of the application. A Standard User can only see data they create.
NOTE: This feature needs to be explicitly enabled for your SMS-Magic account. Please reach out to email@example.com to enable this feature.
Sender ID Assignment
Admin users can control the access Standard Users have to Sender IDs. When the Standard Users have access to a Sender ID, they can send and receive messages, and view the message history for the Sender ID.
For more information on the above-mentioned features on SMS-Magic Portal, please refer to the SMS-Magic Portal User Guide.